- It adds filtering and sorting options that are extremely useful. This is what Blizzard pet UI should do, but doesn't.
- Shows which breed the pet is. Works on collected pets, pets you're battling against, and battle pets on AH. Very useful if you care about pet breeds. Should also be included in the basic pet UI, but isn't.
- Shows how many of the pet you have in which quality. Should also be included in the basic pet UI, but isn't.
- Make preset teams, allows to have empty slots. I use it for teams against tamers for pet leveling where I want to have two filled slots and a pet that moves between teams.
- Shows the spells that your and the opposing team have, including cooldowns. Very useful for strategy planning during the fight.
- Pure convenience. This addon equips the Safari Hat from your bags and a team for a trainer, if you have one with their name.
- Coordinates and pointer arrows. I use this addon for general navigation, not for trainer locations, but it's useful if you don't know exactly where all the trainers are by heart.
Your character needs to be at least level 85 and have done the quest line to arrive on Pandaria. You can break the quest line as soon as you touch the ground, there is no need to continue with it. You just need access to the continent.
You need to have the Safari Hat to be able to level a pet from 1 to 25 in six battles, because it increases the pet xp gained by 10%. The hat is awarded from the achievement Taming the World, so if you do not have that yet, I recommend that you do complete it, but if you haven't or are just starting, don't worry it's not mandatory. Without the hat you may have to do more tamer battles instead of six, or battle wild pets to get your carry pet to 25.
Your character should have the following flight points:
- Dawn’s Blossom, Jade Forest
- Pang’s Stead, Valley of Four Winds
- Halfhill, Valley of Four Winds
- Stoneplow, Valley of Four Winds
- Thunder Cleft, Krasarang Wilds
- Klaxxi’vess, Dread Wastes
- Sunset Brewgarden, Dread Wastes
- Gao-Ran Battlefront, Townlong Steppes
- Rensai’s Watchpost, Townlong Steppes
- Shado-Pan Garrison, Townlong Steppes
- Serpent’s Spine, Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Shrine of (insert your faction here), Vale of Eternal Blossoms
The last two are accessible via the tower in Kun-Lai Summit even when you're level 85, you just need to run along the Serpent Spine and the towers a little bit then avoid the sha in the Vale to get to the Shrine. There are more flight points to pick up along the way, but these are essential for the route. Your Hearthstone should be set to an inn in the Shrine, or to Dawn's Blossom. I prefer the Shrine, for the easy access to stuff.
Intro Section I: Set Up Section II: Master Pet List Section III: Travel Route Section IV: Tamer Battles — Hyuna of the Shrines, Mo'ruk, and Farmer Nishi Section IV: Tamer Battles continued — Wastewalker Shu, Seeker Zusshi, and Aki the Chosen Section V: Further Reading