This yarn has been in my stash for more than 10 years. It is the original Opal Tiger that some kind soul sent to me because it was unavailable in Estonia at the time. I started and ripped out the socks many many times because the pattern was finicky and the stitch counts didn't work out.
At the end of last year I decided, that in 2014, I shall knit up as much of my stash as I can. I joined the Cold Sheep 2014 thread on Ravelry and have been following their challenges. I would have done it even without the group, but it's fun to share in victories and to have a bit of structure.
These socks are part of the challenge I set for myself. I decided that this time these socks were getting made, regardless how the pattern looked. I did have to experiment a little and in the end I increased the stitch count from my usual 60 to 64 for the pattern to be OK, but they still fit. I hope that they'll shrink a little in the wash, but they are wearable as is. In fact, they are on my feet right now.