This tour for was about trying new things and working through the Craftsy class. I loved the class and learned which drafts I like, and which I really don't, and which I need to work on more.
Tour de Fleece 2016 Goals
- Spin at least 20 minutes every day.
- Spin every draft in Craftsy class From Worsted to Woolen.
Goal 1. I met and exceeded this goal every day. Goal 2. I completed the whole class and spun 12 combinations of drafts and fibre prep.
The final list:
- Completed the Craftsy Class From Worsted to Woolen. Used 63 grams of merino.
- Completed a crepe, a gimp, and a cable yarn from a 4 ounce braid of BFL.
- Completed a challenge of spinning low twist singles from 4 ounce braid of superwash BFL.
- Completed a 2-ply with a draft I liked a lot from the class from 4 ounces of corriedale.
- Started to spin a 2-ply merino/silk blend, but only completed 1,5 singles. 140g braid.
Apart from the gimp yarn not being a gimp yarn I am very pleased with the results.