The association at the new house has approved my membership. Sweet! Now I am waiting for the current association to make their decision, and start packing.
Things to do before the moving date:
Pause the cleaning subscription until further notice. Order moving cleaning of the old flat. Buy a foldable trolley.
- Investigate relocating Sona for the duration of the move.
- Get some moving boxes from IKEA.
- Sort through my stuff and decide what to keep.
- Pack everything I want to keep.
- Make a pile of things to throw away.
- Make a pile of things to give away.
- Go to the bank to finalise the loan papers.
- Coordinate the wall repair in the old flat.
- Start throwing/giving away things I don't want to keep.
- Get a temporary post redirect from the moving day on.
- Disassemble the bookshelves and the sofa.
- Maybe relocate Sona.
- Go to my nephew's christening.
Things to do on the moving day:
- Get the keys for the new flat.
- Sign the new loan papers.
- Rent a lorry.
- Disassemble the bed.
- Move all I want to keep.
- Make a trip to the recycling centre and/or tip and get rid of the big rubbish.
- Feed the friends some pizza and beer for helping me move.
- Take a bath and try to relax.
- Crash on a mattress.
Things to do after the moving date:
- Fetch Sona, if he was temporarily relocated.
- Pay a fee to the house association.
- Set up an internet connection in the new flat.
- Transfer the electricity contract to the new address.
- Get an insurance for the new address.
- Inspect the wall repair.
- Clean up the construction debris.
- Inspect the moving cleaning in the old flat.
- Give away the keys of the old flat.
- Notify the vet of the address change.
- Notify other places of the address change.
- Pay the moving cleaning bill.
- Make a wardrobe out of one of my Bestå bookshelves.
- Assemble, unpack, and organise.
- Reopen the cleaning subscription and transfer it to the new flat.
It's probably not going to be as straightforward, and I must have forgotten a few things, but it's a start. I can always add to the list later.